JoSAA Counseling 2021 – PC: My Result Plus
After the declaration of JEE Advanced result, the counseling and seat allotment process will be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOSA). Keep in mind, JEE Advanced 2021 result will be declared on October 15. JoSAA counselling, conducted as a centralized online admission process, admits candidates who qualify for JEE Advanced in IITs, NITs, IITs, IIITs and other-GFTI colleges.
For this, the candidates who have qualified for JEE Advanced will have to fill the course and college of their choice in online mode and apply. Candidates must note that JoSAA counseling will be conducted in multiple rounds.
JoSAA 2021 Counselling: 10 Important Points
- It is mandatory for the candidates to register through the official JoSAA 2021 online portal to be able to be allotted seats through JoSAA 2021 in any of the IITs, NITs, IITs, IIITs (Triple-I-T). Category wise seats along with academic schedule will be announced on the online portal josa.nic.in.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced 2021 to participate in JoSAA counselling.
- Candidates who have qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2021 and appeared in JEE (Main) 2021 have entered the database provided by JEE Apex Board 2021. [which conducted JEE (Main)-2021] Only eligible candidate category will be considered by Joint Admission Board 2021 on the basis of document verification.
- All the candidates appearing for JEE (Main)-2021 are considered while preparing the rank list and are allowed to fill their choices. The rank lists provided by the JEE Apex Board will be used without any change even if two or more candidates have the same rank; In other words, JoSAA2021 will not impose any tie-breaking norms/rules.
- The vacant General-EWS and OBC-NCL category seats will be de-reserved and treated as open category seats for allotment in each round of seat allotment. However, SC and ST category vacancies will not be unreserved.
- All JEE (Advanced) 2021 qualified PWD candidates, desirous of getting a seat in IITs through JoSAA, are required to visit any IIT for physical verification along with a copy of PWD certificate.
- While accepting the seat online, the candidate will have to choose one of the options – ‘Freeze’, ‘Float’ or ‘Slide’ – to choose the academic program for the subsequent round.
- At the conclusion of combined seat allotment and seat acceptance, candidates will have to report at the admission institute, complete all admission formalities of the institute, confirm the admission and start the academic session.
- The candidate who has already accepted a seat in any of the IITs allotted by JoSAA-2021 can withdraw the seat by reporting online.
- Candidates who have secured a seat in IIT in any of the first five rounds of JoSAA, and who do not take back the confirmed seat in the fifth round of counselling, become ineligible for JEE (Advanced) in subsequent years .
Related Articles upon entry